View Full Version : Wireless keyboard/mouse discussion...

ntractv
04-22-2003, 05:51 PM
To make my PC look something like this HP I want to get the microsoft wirless optical desktop. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Bought one and the wireless optical mouse for my office conference room. The specs say it'll work up to six feet away but I found that to be a bit exxagerated. Mines works up to about 3 and half feet away.

Anyone have a speculation when the prototype might become reality?

bljarv
04-22-2003, 06:32 PM
To make my PC look something like this HP I want to get the microsoft wirless optical desktop. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Bought one and the wireless optical mouse for my office conference room. The specs say it'll work up to six feet away but I found that to be a bit exxagerated. Mines works up to about 3 and half feet away.

I don't have the Microsoft version, but have the Logitech setup instead. I absolutely love it and it works effectively from about 10 feet away. It's one of those things that I always thought was extravagant and now I wonder how I ever lived without it! :D

SofaTater
04-22-2003, 07:05 PM
I don't have the Microsoft version, but have the Logitech setup instead. I absolutely love it and it works effectively from about 10 feet away. It's one of those things that I always thought was extravagant and now I wonder how I ever lived without it! :D

I have used the Logitech wireless optical mouse for about a year now -- best mouse I've ever used. We keep the sensor hidden away inside our computer desk and it still works from three or four feet away. It's very handy when I want to show my wife how to do something on the computer -- she just hands me the mouse and I can put it down on any surface to use it...

The only downside is that it's just one more blasted thing that I have to change batteries on a regular basis (for the mouse, we change batteries every four to six weeks).

I haven't really seen any value in going to a wireless keyboard, however. I'm sure it's an advantage in some scenarios, but not in our particular case.

Jacob
04-22-2003, 07:51 PM

I also have the Logitech Cordless Comfort freedom (or whatever it's called) and (I don't know if MS is like this) but it doesn't work on line of sight - so I can have my keyboard under the desk on my lap. I love it! :D