View Full Version : Soft-reseting iPAQ 3955 + "standby settings" + battery problem ???

benedetti
04-23-2003, 03:14 PM
After using device for about 1.5-2h it makes a soft-reset (probably because of "Standby Power Settings"). For about 10min. it can not be turned on again. After turning on it operates about 10min. and again soft-resets in spite that battery is in 60% charged !!!
This looks like similar problem to 5450 ( issue with the Standby Power Setting value where at times the iPAQ would not operate on battery power).
What drives me crazy is that battey power is aprox.50-60% and device is still reseting.
Did anybody have similar problems with iPAQ 3955 ?
As i remember with initial ver. of ROM (1.00) there was no such problems.
Now I have 1.11 with EUU3.
Best regards.

Jason Dunn
04-23-2003, 04:13 PM
It's either a strange ROM glitch or you have a bad unit. If it was a problem with the ROM, I think we'd have seen this problem reported by many people - which makes me suspect your hardware....I'd call Compaq if I were you.

benedetti
04-23-2003, 10:43 PM
I've just downgraded ROM to v.1.0 and problem is the same.
Now I'm confused. Is it normal that iPAQ makes soft-reset with 50% of battery power ?
Well, I will fully charge the iPAQ, set the 'Standby Period' to the least and then check if the issue persists.

Jason Dunn
04-23-2003, 10:48 PM
No, that's certainly not normal - the only time it will soft reset is if the battery gets SO low that it essentially dies, and when you plug it into AC power it will soft reset because it's powering up...but certainly not at 50%!