View Full Version : Inbox and Pocket IE Problems after Updating to ROM 1.10

Chris Spera
04-22-2003, 09:23 PM
I have recently applied the latest ROM update (pulled it from the FTP server and not from the download page, listed here: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/locate/71_5553.html )

I have run into a problem with both Inbox and PIE. PIE will not find any external web page outside my proxy server. It finds internal web pages just fine (I suspect this is more of an issue with my proxy server than with PIE, but don't know for certain.)

My bigger concern is with Inbox. For some reason, Inbox will not download inbox items or my mailbox folder structure. I didn't have this problem before the ROM upgrade.

I can still send mail with out a problem. I've been sending myself test messages all day trying to get this resolved. For some reason, Inbox won't download mail to an IMAP4 profile. The device won't even download headers via ActiveSync while in the cradle, and while some may see this as a good thing, ActiveSync ALWAYS does this unless specifically told not to, and I didn't disable that...

Is anyone else having this problem? I thought HP had released a patch that addressed IMAP related issues; but I guess that must have been for the 3900 because the 5400 WLAN SP1 download doesn't call this out.

In order to see if this was a botched registry issue, I hard reset the device and set up a WLAN profile on the device (new ROM already installed) and the vanilla device exhibited the same problems. Which leads me to 2 conclusions:

1. There is a ROM Issue
2. The office's newly implemented proxy server contributed more than just proxy services...

I am looking into #2; but was curious if anyone else was having similar trouble with Inbox or PIE. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Chris Spera
04-23-2003, 03:23 PM
I installed the WAN Update moments ago, after having the ROM update and 3rd party software installed and still have the problem I logged... Does anyone have any suggestions, other than hard resetting and starting all over again from scratch?

Thanks,

Christopher Spera

Chris Spera
04-25-2003, 08:34 PM
well, I did perform a hard reset after all, and applied the WLAN SP1 patch immediately after the reset.

I also found out that my LAN Support guys changed incoming mail servers without telling anyone. (and don't ya know that it took nearly an act of God before someone cassually mentioned it in passing...) :microwave:

Thanks to everyone who tried to come up with some sort of suggestion for me. I apologize for the silly question.

Christopher Spera