View Full Version : WLAN... still alive in ROM 1.10?

William Yeung
04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
I dont know if its error or just change of behaviour-
But seems that when I try to scan for an AP using the status button, no lights go on for the WiFi, and sometimes the WLAN status report as off even I have activated that... however I dont have a WLAN @ home to test it out... Any comment? Perhaps someone can test it out?

eustts
04-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I completed the upgrade to ROM 1.10.xx last night. I do not have any mods to WIFI or the driver throughput update installed after the ROM update. The WIFI worked just fine.

:D

piperpilot
04-22-2003, 05:00 PM
I just finished installing the ROM update and the WLAN update is included--I tried to install the WLAN update after performing the ROM update and each file had been updated already by the ROM update. Hope this helps :sunny:

William Yeung
04-23-2003, 02:31 AM
The main difference I have spotted is in the past when I turn on WLAN the amber light comes up; now even I try to Rescan still the light remains no signal- Just makes me feels that something is going wrong... anybody can give me some idea about the correct light schema?

Ainvar
04-23-2003, 03:49 PM
After applying the rom update the wifi actually got worse for me since it removed the updated wlan drivers. When I did reinstall the wlan drivers after the rom update (even though the modification dates are diffrent) seems to fix the problem of having to constantly soft reset when using the wifi off and on. I wish there was a way to verify this without having to call HP tech support and talk to some uninformed soul there and getting even more frustrated. I do miss the Compaq rom updates that give some detailed information in a rtf file of what was added, fixed, modified, and broke or left broke.

My $0.02

FredMurphy
04-23-2003, 03:56 PM
I hard reset my 5450 and install the ROM update and the registry patch but no other driver updates. Seems more stable so far.

I dont have a WLAN @ home to test it out...
I'd wait until you have something to connect to before you worry about whether it works.

William Yeung
04-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Well... just a precaution... coz I want to make sure my hardware is not having any defect.