View Full Version : does verizon carry any phones that allow for wireless connectivity

that dan guy
04-22-2003, 02:15 PM
I am with verizon wireless and am loathe to get rid of them. I was wondering if verizon has any phones that allow me to get onto their high speed network without cables?

thanks,

danno

Bob Anderson
04-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Not at the moment. All of the 1xRTT compatible phones require a cable. I can't wait for Verizon to get a bluetooth phone... so that the link can be wireless!

In the meantime I use the Sierra AirCard 555 on my PocketPC (iPaq 5455) and I've got to tell you... it's a sweet combination ... except for the fact that I have to lug around a expansion pack for the iPaq. :cry:

Janak Parekh
04-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Not at the moment. All of the 1xRTT compatible phones require a cable. I can't wait for Verizon to get a bluetooth phone... so that the link can be wireless!
And, just to add to Bob's point, there is no timetable for such a phone. Verizon has no plans to release a Bluetooth-enabled phone at this point. :cry:

--janak

PetiteFlower
04-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Connecting via a cable ain't so bad though....lots cheaper then a bluetooth CF card too :)

umichboy
04-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Not to mention longer battery life for both the PPC and the phone.