View Full Version : What do you use YOUR Wi-Fi setup to do?

Glisson
04-20-2003, 06:31 AM
OK I have the wireless set up and runnign smooth. What can I do with it besides share files and sync? Right now I am using RemoteAmp, Activesync, and Resco Explorer 2003 wirelessly. What other aps and uses have some of you found to use over your Wi-Fi setup?

Dazzle me. ;-)

Glisson

Janak Parekh
04-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Um, how about websurfing? :)

I use Bitstream Thunderhawk (http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/), myself, as it gives a realistic experience - but even PIE is useful if you don't have the budget for the former.

--janak

Glisson
04-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Yes I do that. I found ThuderHawk a bit pricey for my tastes so I use Nyditot. It is pretty cool to be able to surf in the bedroom. I was actually thinkg of "other" uses than web and file sharing. Like the wireless chess game, or some guy who said he was controlling his x10 from his PPC. (because he bought one from those annoying pop-ups we keep getting them! LOL )

Just looking for some wild new uses is all. It's fun to hear what some people use different programs for or how they handle a task.

Glisson

Fzara
04-28-2003, 12:54 AM
I'm about to order my new 802.11G wireless setup from Amazon.

However, I do plan to setup some kind of terminal service client to allow me to control my desktop from my Pocket PC.

Jer
07-17-2003, 10:48 PM
With Micro$oft Portrait, you can chat or talk to others using VoIP. Cool program.

that_kid
07-17-2003, 11:37 PM
I use wifi so wo much I don't now what I ever did without it. A few things are
1.Stream Live and pre recorded satellite Tv via snapstream to my ppc
2.Use Iremote to controll and play mp3's through my hometheater system as well as stream mp3's straight to my device(last part is beta but it works good)
3.Use SjPhone and microsoft portrait for voip communications.
4.use terminal servies from my ppc when I don't feel like getting to my laptop to check on my servers here and my parents computers which are 350 miles away.
5. check my email
6. IM
7. Web browsing
8.Reading newsgroups while laying in bed.

the list goes on and on.