View Full Version : Transfering Palm Datebook and Address Book to Outlook

John Wilson
04-19-2003, 12:15 AM
I haven't seen the exact answer I was looking for so I'll have to ask. Sorry if this has beeen hashed to death but I'm a newbie here :lol:

I have successfully exported/imported the Palm address Book ( Desktop version 4.1 on WinXP) to MS Outlook's Contacts by saving the file as a .csv type. I had a number of choices but after the custom mapping process it worked fine.

I now am trying to transfer the Palm Datebook to Outlook's Calander but the Datebook can only be exported as a .dba file type which Outlook doesn't recognize. Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to do this or a link that explains it in fairly detailed steps?

BTW, I have a Dell Axim 400MHz

Thanks for your help. :D

Sven Johannsen
04-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Not real familiar with the Palm apps, but there is a program that comes with about every Palm (as I understand it) called Chapura Pocket Mirror. It is a Palm to Outlook sync engine. It is packaged with Palms in case you use Outlook. I have helped a couple of folks with your requirement by just loading Pocket Mirror and doing an initial sync of their Palm with Outlook and then removing Mirror again. The part I don't know is if Pocket Mirror works with the particular apps you are using. If they are the standard ones, it does.

jmarkevich
04-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Yahoo calendar is a great way to do it. You can upload a Palm export file and download one that will import into Outlook just fine.

You may want to delete your appointments on Y! after that... :)