View Full Version : End of a (Hand) Era!!

dh
04-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Don't know if anyone else is rather sad that HandEra is having to get out of the Handheld business.

A lot of the innovations in the Palm OS world were 100% due to this company. They were the first with a high resolution screen, first with a virtual input area (hate to say virtual Graffiti) a concept used on every PPC and made (true to this day) the only Palm with real dual expansion. (They probably beat PPC to this as well but I'm not sure). This company took a pocket organizer OS and made it a computer. The new Palm and Sony PDAs are totally a result of what HandEra had done.

It makes me wonder what this company would have achieved if they had the resources and operating system to really develop a super handheld device. Heck, look what they did on a shoestring with an old version of Palm OS, to this day no-one has been able to beat them.

I guess the current PDA market is not good for a small company, all the people making progress are the big guys. I believe it's bad news for the business if there is not a place for creative small companies like HandEra. :cry: