View Full Version : Activesync

ch_thom
04-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know how to rename the ActiveSync partnership connection. Mine was assigned automatically by ActiveSync to be "iPaq PocketPC". I'd like to change it but can't find out how to. I've even tried deleting the partnership and setting up a new one but the name remains the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

ch_thom

Kevin C. Tofel
04-17-2003, 02:33 AM
ch_thom,

You actually need to change the name of your device first. The partnership is depdendent on the device name.

To do this, tap:

Start
Settings
About

Go to the second tab entitled "Device ID" and change the name in the Device Name field to whatever name you want for the device\partnership.

I would then delete the current partnership and establish the new one, which should be titled with the new device name.

Hope this helps,
KCT

KiLLiN-TiMe
04-17-2003, 02:34 AM
in you pocket pc click "start", "settings", the "system" tab, "about" icon, "Device ID" tab. You can change the name of your device there.

The next time you sync it should ask you to create a "new" partnership.

After you have created the new partnership and have everything you need you can delete the old one by opening activesync (I would suggest not haveing your device connected when doing this) and click "File", "Moble Device", and choose your old partnership. Then click "File", "Delete Partnership".

It will ask you the usual ... "Are you sure?" and will ask you if you want to delete the pocket pc folder that the partnership sync'd with.

KiLLiN-TiMe
04-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Kevin C. Tofel

Ya beat me by a minute!!!

I knew I should have taken those speed typing classes! :roll:

Kevin C. Tofel
04-17-2003, 02:55 AM
KiLLiN-TiMe:

At least we gave the same answer! If you ever need a partner for "Team Trivial Pursuit", let me know....

:lol:

KCT

Sven Johannsen
04-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Actually changing the Device ID (name) of a partnered PPC will not result in having to make a new partnership. When you recradle the PPC it will just use the new name at the top of ActiveSync. The only thing that will need some attention is synced files. It will create a new '(name) My Documents' folder on the desktop and fill it with all the PPC files. You can verify the old folder and the new are the same and dump the old one.

ch_thom
04-17-2003, 09:15 PM
I'd just like to say a big thank you to all the guys who posted a reply. It solved my problem.

Thanks. :D

ch_thom