View Full Version : iPAQ 3835/Motorola T720/Gomadic Cable

ntractv
04-16-2003, 05:55 PM
I've set up the configuration to connect my 3835 to my Motorola T720 so I can dial into my AT&T account. As soon as I plug the cable in the iPAQ keeps flashing the USB: Connecting to device screen and will not stop. Is this a Activesnyc thing and if so, how do you turn it off.

CBR954RR
04-16-2003, 08:24 PM
I assume the Gomadic cable is the same as the supplynet cable...

I have a 5455 and use a Supplynet cable to connect to my T720i (my service provider is T-Mobile). It works great, although setting it up was a bit tricky. I ended up using a connection utility provided by T-Mobile.

-Rob

yvilla
04-17-2003, 12:01 AM
I assume the Gomadic cable is the same as the supplynet cable...

I have a 5455 and use a Supplynet cable to connect to my T720i (my service provider is T-Mobile). It works great, although setting it up was a bit tricky. I ended up using a connection utility provided by T-Mobile.

-Rob

Rob, do you use a Supplynet cable that is (only) listed as working with the T720?

I called them just yesterday to ask if the cable for the Toshiba e750 that's listed to work with the T720 would work with the T720i, and they said they didn't know! I've been dithering about whether to just order it and find out, but I'd rather know in advance that it would work.

CBR954RR
04-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Yes. The website only lists T720, not the T720i but it works great.

I do not know what the differences in the T720 and T720i are.....

Here is the link to the cable I have:
http://www.supplynetwireless.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=6244

-Rob

ntractv
04-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Is anyone using these cables with Verizon. I can't seem to get mines to connect. I loaded the number for my AT&T ISP but it still will not connect. I followed Gomadic's instructions but still nothing.

yvilla
04-18-2003, 12:02 AM
Rob, thanks for the reply. I just ordered the cable. :)

ntractv, I wish I had some idea of how to help you out, but since I'm with Earthlink and T-mobile, I don't know if there are any settings particular to your ISP or to Verizon that you need to know about. :cry:

Have you tried asking for help from tech support at either of them?

CBR954RR
04-18-2003, 09:34 PM
I tried to connect to my ISP but was unable to get it set up. I ended going with T-Mobile Internet which is an additional charge.

I would rather connect to my ISP and just consume minutes from my plan instead of the additional cost of the T-Mobile Internet which is charged by the MB of data.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know....

Rob