View Full Version : Invalid_session

Stik
04-16-2003, 04:16 AM
This is driving me :silly:

I can no longer post my thoughts or opinions :boohoo: to PPCThoughts.

I believe my ISP, AOL, is at fault w/some kinda security software or some such that they now use. :2gunfire:

If any others that use AOL as their ISP have this most annoying problem, please chime in. :lurking:

BTW, I can post to other forums, just not PPCThoughts and David Schier's Bluetooth website.

How was I able to post this? I snuck in thru the backdoor w/ IE, ( Internet Explorer ) the only work around that I've found googling 'Invalid_Session'

SteelForceX
04-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Uhhhh.. AOL sucks really bad. Try getting another service!

Janak Parekh
04-16-2003, 01:13 PM
stik,

I found out the answer a little while back, but didn't know you were still having these problems.

Basically, it's because phpBB changed the way it does session tracking in the latest phpBB releases, for increased security. Unfortunately, AOL makes it very difficult to do session tracking, and it confuses the heck out of phpBB sometimes.

Here's a technical explanation (http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=54) (unfortunately, phpbb.com is down right now, but check a little later). We're looking into seeing if we can develop a workaround.

--janak

Stik
04-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks Janak.

I know we talked about this issue several weeks back when, strangely enough, submitting something started working properly again. Unfortunately, that lasted only about 2 days before it became an issue again. For keeps it seems this time. :cry:

I'll keep my eyes open for any kind of workaround ( besides using IE ) you all can come up with.

Also, sorry I put this in the 'Just Chatting' forum. Please feel free to move it Off Topic where it really belongs. :wink:

Tom W.M.
04-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Is that a problem with the AOL browser, or the connection they supply? I have always used Netscape with this site, and I have never had any problems.