View Full Version : 5450/5455 users please help!

Johan
04-14-2003, 09:23 PM
I have two questions about the 5450, 1. shouldn't the stylus be held firmly in the unit? If I turn my 5450 upside down and tap (like tapping to get a cigarette out of the box) on the unit the stylus falls out!

2. Shouldn't the green light be lit when you operate the unit on battery power?

dhettel
04-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Jothan; If I turn my 5455 upside down and shake, my stylus comes about 1/2 of the way out. Kind of like your cigarette out of the pack. but even upside down and two inches sticking out, it stays in the 5455. 0X And I hope it stays that way.

The Orange light by the power button remains on, when the 5455 is connected to the charger. The Green light will flash green when the 802.11b is connected. This will turn yellow or orange when it is out of range, or otherwise can not connect.

David

Doug Haacke
04-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Johan:

When inserted for storage, my 5450 stylus does not stick out, nor does it partially come out with tapping. It works like the SD card. Push all the way in to lock, push all the way in to unlock.

When running on battery, no lights flash except the WiFi, which is always orange on mine (but I've never tried it out of range). The bluetooth light is always blue.

Hope that helps...

-Doug

dhettel
04-15-2003, 02:43 AM
Your's is always orange? Does it work? Orange is suppose to mean you are NOT connected. What happends if you change the SSID to a name that does not exist?

David

socrguy74
04-15-2003, 03:28 AM
And if you use alarms, the LED by the power button (the one that is orange when charging...) will flash green when you set reminders for appointments.

Your's is always orange? Does it work? Orange is suppose to mean you are NOT connected.

A blinking orange light for the Wifi indicates that your WiFi is on, but not connected. (it turns flashing green if your are connected) If you have your WiFi on all of the time, you might want to consider turning it off to save battery power.

Johan
04-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all replys.

What I meant with the green light is the led next to the powerbutton. All pictures I have seen of a 5450/5455 has the green light on when the unit is turned on and on battery power. Mine does not come on.

On the stylus you have a cut out around it close to the tip, I guess this is to latch on to it firmly, so it wont come out halfway when turning it upside down tapping on the unit. Surely it's supposed to be held firmly in place? I have offcourse pressed it all the way in (like a SD card) and it feels like it's firmly seated but when turned upside down and tapped gently it comes out (or when I take it for a walk listening to MP3 music).

I'm sorry to say that this is the most unstable, problem ridden Pocket PC I have owned. After three unsuccessful repairs I get a replacement and I think I have to return the replacement to. The 5450 is unfortunately quite useless in the car for GPS navigation (even though it finally doesn't crash when used with Navman sleeve after update) due to extremely low sound from the speaker.

jsanfordii
04-15-2003, 04:09 PM
My stylus comes out about an inch or so if I shake the ipaq really hard upside down.

I would of never thought to try this on my own.

james