View Full Version : New ActiveSync add-on released.

JohnnyFlash
04-14-2003, 04:19 AM
Cassioware's CwSync is a powerful customizable enhancement to Microsoft's ActiveSync® adding the features Microsoft left out. CwSync is a valuable tool used to keep your PPC device synchronized with the data you need when you are on the go and also to manage and deploy applications to PPC's on the go. A comprehensive component base / open API architecture is provided for third parties who want to integrate their solutions leveraging the power of CwSync.

CwSync Features:
- Component Management: Determine synchronization frequency of subcomponents
- File System Management: Performs file system operations
- Registry Management: Performs remote registry operations on a CE compliant device or a registry operation in the local workstation
- Process Management: Performs process operation. This plug-in can be used to create or close running processes both in the local workstation or CE device
- Shortcut Management: Creates a shortcut in the CE Device
- Message Box: Displays a Msg box on the CE device
- Notification: Displays a notification message on the CE device
- XML configuration files for easy editing
- CwExplorer™ - Graphical configuration tool for those who prefer not to edit XML.
- Sync files to main memory or storage cards
- API: for easy integration in to scripts (endless possibilities)
- Event log Reporting: Application reports to event log

Checkout out our free trial at http://www.cassioware.com

jerryd
04-14-2003, 11:27 PM
This sounded like a useful tool, until I went to Handango to check the price. I refuse to try a new product unless I decide I can afford it if I get hooked. So, imagine my surprise when I saw a price of $62.50! :(

If CwSync works as advertised it looks like a good $19.95 utility.