View Full Version : restore...or hard reset & restore

cyj
04-13-2003, 08:38 PM
I've got a problem with AvantGo showing no content. I did a restore that was done before the problem emerged, but it didn't solve the problem. I've never thought about it, but should I be doing a hard-reset and then a restore?

ipaq38vette
04-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Maybe its an Avantgo problem.

spursdude
04-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Well, I don't know if it's related or not, but I had that problem recently. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it - but I reset all my AvantGo settings, reinstalled the latest version, cleared all the advanced options on the AvantGo site, readded all my channels, and eventually got it to work.

It was the most frustrating thing ever... until I fixed it. Try reinstalling AvantGo and see if that does the trick.

cyj
04-14-2003, 12:55 AM
All I ever did was the ROM upgrade, 1.2 I think. I didn't install AvantGo but simply used what came bundled. Are there downloads at AvantGo? I did a search and only found documents.

KiLLiN-TiMe
04-14-2003, 01:14 AM
You may want to check your user name and password.
Go to "Start", "Settings", "Connections", "AvantGo Connect".
Make sure it is "you" and not the "default" user that it creates when you do a hard reset or rom update.

spursdude
04-14-2003, 01:25 AM
All I ever did was the ROM upgrade, 1.2 I think. I didn't install AvantGo but simply used what came bundled. Are there downloads at AvantGo? I did a search and only found documents.
Head to AvantGo.com (http://www.avantgo.com), then log-in, then click the "My Device" tab. Right there will be "AvantGo Software", and under that is "Software downloads."

If a reinstall doesn't work, you can also work the "Advanced controls" and clear the various caches, files, and cookies.

Hope you get it working.

Pony99CA
04-14-2003, 01:26 AM
I've never thought about it, but should I be doing a hard-reset and then a restore?
I would think the only reason to do a restore is after a hard reset. I haven't tested it, but I suspect that a full restore will wipe out everything on your Pocket PC. Here's what the ActiveSync help says:

If you have created files on your device since the last backup and don’t want them deleted during the restore process, move those files from your device to your desktop computer before restoring information.

Steve

cyj
04-14-2003, 06:36 AM
Okay, everyone. AvantGo is working again. After fooling around I think I know what the problem is but I could be wrong. I had four custom channels and they were hogging up most of my allotment at AvantGo. Only after reducing the custom channels could I then get pages saved on my device.

I didn't read any agreements at their site so I don't know if its spelled out somewhere. I wonder if it has something to do with sort of guaranteeing to those who pay to get their AvantGo channels that users will have to have some non-custom channels on their devices.

Thanks for the responses.