View Full Version : Trouble with sim card update phone book on T-Mobile.

ajmaravilla
04-13-2003, 04:23 AM
Hello everyone! T-Mobile USA has the ability for users to enter sim card phone book entries via their website. After filling out the name and phone number for the contact, T-Mobile will send out a sim card update to update the sim card phone book. However, the Pocket PC doesn't seem to recognize the sim card update for the phone book. I receive the update and the SMS message states that the contents of this message cannot be displayed. I then turn off the phone and restart the PDA. Then I go into sim card phone book and it has not update my sim card phone book. Has any of you had this trouble with your Pocket PC? The wireless data group has no idea what is going on. I need some insight from others.

Thanks!

Janak Parekh
04-13-2003, 04:26 AM
Quite frankly, it's very possible the PPCPE doesn't support it; the Inbox program is fairly detached from the rest of the system.

Why exactly do you want to do this, however? Why not sync your Outlook address book and then use the SIM manager in the PPCPE?

--janak

ajmaravilla
04-13-2003, 04:31 AM
Why not sync your Outlook address book and then use the SIM manager in the PPCPE?

--janak

Cause I have over 200 contacts and I will have to manually go into each contact to tell it to copy to the sim card. It is just easier to enter the names into the sim card via the website and have it done automatically. Is there another way to move all my contacts to the sim card at the same time?

Janak Parekh
04-13-2003, 04:40 AM
Ah, right, the Phone Book applet doesn't support "Copy From". However, there's another way. Go into Contacts and tap-and-drag to select multiple entries, then tap-and-hold (or go into Tools) and choose "Save to SIM". It'll let you copy whole batches at once.

--janak