View Full Version : Axim return question....

TheNewSteve
04-11-2003, 01:02 AM
So I have had my Axim 400Mhz since around christmas...

i use it every day and take tons and tons of notes on it. I do use WriteShields, which will scratch after a while, but like they say, do protect the screen. i am ready to put the second one on, although it should last much longer and stay cleaner now that the axim lives in the sena case.

BUT...

like i said, i take tons and tons of notes on the axim, and in the lowercase region of letter recognizer, every so often it fails to recognize that i am writing on it at all. usually it's out for a second or two.

the unit hasn't been dropped or otherwise abused. is the screen wearing out?

anyhoo...

i will probably send it back for replacement, but if i do, would like to hold out until the replacement units they are shipping have the new px-255 processor. does anybody know when this is going to be the case?

i'll probably need a new axim in either case, but would really like the newer processor.

?

-Steve :?:

PetiteFlower
04-11-2003, 04:10 AM
If you've had it longer then 30 days, then I think they send you a refurbished replacement rather then a new one. So you wouldn't get the new processer most likely.

chris269526
04-15-2003, 05:52 PM
I recently got a replacement... and it was not refurbished and had the 255 and the rom update

i had my axim since around christmas so i guess its just luck of the draw

TheBacklash
04-16-2003, 01:43 AM
I recently got a replacement... and it was not refurbished and had the 255 and the rom update

Ok, hold on a sec here... :?
I have not been paying much attention to the world of the Axim lately... (new car to restore, and all the "fun" that goes with it...)

I knew about the 255 CPU. This is the second time I heard the term "rom update" in the last few days. I first thought this is refering to the jog dial fix. Is this the rom update your talking about? or is there something new?... :?:

chris269526
04-16-2003, 03:07 AM
its a rom update... not the jog dial update (although it does contain the jog dial update) it will update your system rom to A02 (from A00)

i dont recall everything that it fixes/updates but it:
-adds recognition for the 255 processor
-faster startup time
-includes the jog dial fix
-addresses some IR problems

there is a complete list over at dells support site