View Full Version : Pocket IE images no longer load...

cagemedley
04-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Pocket PC Gurus, Lurkers, and regular folks…

I've searched the forums and the internet at large and unfortunately haven’t found any information on this very odd occurrence; I come to you only as a last resort (meaning I wouldn’t want to waste anyone’s time otherwise). I have the AT&T SX56, which aside from the old murky reflective display and tiny memory capacity is great little Pocket PC convergence doohickey. For some reason though, a week ago, my Pocket Internet Explorer stopped displaying images. Every single image (even the ones in the default home page) are now just displayed as empty space holders (with the little image icon in the top left corner). This happened once before on my iPaq 3955 (WiFi), and since I couldn’t fix it, I just run the battery out, and started over. I’ve checked every setting under the sun (several times), and I can’t seem to find one which would turn the images off or on, so I am at a complete loss as to fix this problem. I don’t even know what the problem is. I’ve cleared the cache, history, and all the other usually browser related things, but alas, I have not been able to rectify the situation.

Has anyone else out there ever run into this problem, and if so, have you found a way to fix it?

Thanks so much for reading this far! Happy Pocket PC’ing!

Cagemedley...

Steven Cedrone
04-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Bottom right hand of the PIE screen, a little picture with a red "X" on it (fifth icon in the Pocket IE tool bar): click on it...

Your images will be back!!!

Steve

cagemedley
04-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Wow!! Brilliant.

Thanks so much!

Pony99CA
04-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Wow!! Brilliant.

Thanks so much!
In the future, try tapping and holding toolbar buttons, too. Most applications will show a tool tip describing what the button does. Not every button has a menu item -- a bad user interface design, if you ask me.

Steve