View Full Version : Johns Hopkins Abx Guide problems

whodat
04-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Has anyone out there tried using the Johns Hopkins Abx Guide program on an Axim?
I used to run the Palm OS version on my old Handera. The content was great (and it's free, to boot!), but the updating part was really buggy. (It not only crashed but corrupted the Palm Desktop application).

It was thus with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation that I downloaded the PPC version. Unfortunately, I can't get the puppy to install on the Axim.
The support guy at Hopkins was nice but unhelpful. He suggested "several soft resets". He also said that there have been some reports of incompatibility with the Axim.

Does anyone have thoughts, experience, suggestions, sympathy?
Thanks.

pocketpc67
04-12-2003, 09:58 PM
I will be getting my Axim in a week. I do need an antibiotic program, so I will download it and see if it works. Do you mean you can't activesync the program?

whodat
04-13-2003, 08:25 AM
When I run the setup program it causes some sort of "access violation" (I don't remember the exact error mesage) at the point where the setup process seems to be invoking ActiveSynch to install the program. If I manually try to install the program using ActiveSynch, the Abx Guide doesn't appear on the list of programs that could be installed.

Someone (I think Skyscape or Handheldmed) makes a version of the Sanford guide if the Hopkins program just won't work.