View Full Version : T-Mobile Soliciting Feedback on Pocket PC Phones

Janak Parekh
04-09-2003, 05:34 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.t-mobile.com/PPCsurvey.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.t-mobile.com/PPCsurvey.asp</a><br /><br /></div>T-Mobile has begun SMSing PPCPE owners, asking them to fill out a feedback survey about what features they want. If you're a PPCPE owner, go vote!<br /><br />"T-Mobile USA is excited about the feedback we have received on the Pocket PC Phone Edition. Your contribution will help shape future products and services T-Mobile offers. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete, and we appreciate you sharing your frank opinion and personal experience. At the end of the survey, we will ask you for your email address so we can thank you with a $10 Amazon gift certificate."

Monty Gibson
04-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks Janak! I appreciate it.

bdegroodt
04-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Boy if I only had my phone still! They'd get an ear full. Although, I will say, in TM's defense, the product manager for this phone called me personally to learn more about the issues...Good on them.

Monty Gibson
04-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Boy if I only had my phone still! They'd get an ear full. Although, I will say, in TM's defense, the product manager for this phone called me personally to learn more about the issues...Good on them.

You can still submit feedback if you remember your old T-Mobile Phone Number :wink: :lol:. The more input the better.

yawanag
04-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Boy! I've waited for something like this. Not that I'm dissatisfied with T-Mobile. I lo-o-o-ve my TM. It's just that I feel that one of the specs should have been 64MB RAM right from the start.

The other thing I wanted to comment on was the tech support. I think the techs should have been trained on it. Most of the ones I spoke to didn't even own one and I knew more about it than they did. One time, shortly after I got it, I lost my stylus and wanted to know how I could order another one. The person I spoke to asked, "What's a stylus?" I'd hate to ask him something difficult.

Monty Gibson
04-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Boy! I've waited for something like this. Not that I'm dissatisfied with T-Mobile. I lo-o-o-ve my TM. It's just that I feel that one of the specs should have been 64MB RAM right from the start.

The other thing I wanted to comment on was the tech support. I think the techs should have been trained on it. Most of the ones I spoke to didn't even own one and I knew more about it than they did. One time, shortly after I got it, I lost my stylus and wanted to know how I could order another one. The person I spoke to asked, "What's a stylus?" I'd hate to ask him something difficult.

Basically I offered my opinions to them and it was similar to (oddly enough) the latest iPAQ :lol:! I love my T-Mo too; but I too feel that it should have had at least 64 megs of RAM and a 16 bit screen. I then added:

-Bluetooth
-Wi-Fi
-Record Button
-400 MHz processor
-Emergency battery (AA batteries) access in case you just cannot get to an outlet
-Voice command.

I figure; if you can't beat the iPAQ, you might as well join it. And since the *rumor* is that the iPAQ will not be a converged device we might as well focus the attention to something that already is. My $0.02.

adamz
04-10-2003, 01:34 PM
I SO wish there was a Pocket PC Phone Edition w/ Bluetooth that had a detachable wireless headset! So when you're not using the headset, you just clip it to the side of the PDA (kinda like a stylus). Then when you need to recharge both devices, you just plug a power adapter into the PDA, or sit it in it's cradle... the bluetooth headset could recharge itself while clipped to the PDA! That would definitely reduce the hassle of carrying two devices!! And the PDA could retain microphone/reciever capabilities in case you didn't want to use the wireless headset at all (or if you lost it).
It's the Pocket PC type devices that really need a wireless headset. It's fine to be holding a normal tiny phone up to your head since you're not going to be using it for silmultaneous data input/output and voice communications. A Pocket PC though... you'd want to be holding in your hand interacting with the screen while speaking on the phone. It happened to me last night when a girl called to ask for the address of where we were going tonight? I had to tell her to hold on while I took the PDA down from my head and looked at the screen to find the address.

bdegroodt
04-10-2003, 01:41 PM
I SO wish there was a Pocket PC Phone Edition w/ Bluetooth that had a detachable wireless headset! ...

I'm not a big fan of BT headsets yet (I think they have some size reduction to do yet. Anyone catch the Fresh Gear review of them with John Leguizamo- Funny stuff.). In any case, you're right about the headset needing some attention. I don't know if it's a BT headset that fixes it, but that mess of wires that comes with the PPCPE is a noose waiting to happen. I loved the ability to hear calls in stereo, but I was constantly getting tangled up in the wires.