View Full Version : Which Dm_k.exe?

ralliart12
04-09-2003, 02:51 AM
I remembered for 5450 owners who don't use sleeves, can delete/rename/move a file called Dm_k.exe to enhance performance of the unit right? If so, which copy is the correct one to delete/rename/move? The copy under 'Windows' > 'Startup' or the copy directly under 'Windows'?

& which is safer? Delete, rename, or move?

Pony99CA
04-09-2003, 05:20 AM
I remembered for 5450 owners who don't use sleeves, can delete/rename/move a file called Dm_k.exe to enhance performance of the unit right? If so, which copy is the correct one to delete/rename/move? The copy under 'Windows' > 'Startup' or the copy directly under 'Windows'?

& which is safer? Delete, rename, or move?
Are you sure Dm_k.exe is in StartUp, as opposed to Dm_k.lnk?

In any event, I'd move (not remove) the one in StartUp to a backup folder in case I needed it back. I think the ones in the Windows folder are in ROM, so you can't remove them. Make sure you do a soft reset after the move.

Steve

ralliart12
04-09-2003, 05:27 AM

No; I'm not sure, as I couldn't see the file extension. But I tink you maybe right.

...Make sure you do a soft reset after the move.

Steve

Why?

Pony99CA
04-09-2003, 06:29 AM
No; I'm not sure, as I couldn't see the file extension. But I tink you maybe right.

I forgot that the built-in File Explorer won't show extensions. Get a better one, like Citadel's File Explorer (http://www.citadeldevelopment.com/products/pocketexplorer.asp) -- it's free. :-)

...Make sure you do a soft reset after the move.

Why?
Because, if you don't, Dm_k.exe will still be running; moving the StartUp entry won't stop it. Doing a soft reset will kill the process and, if you've moved it out of the StartUp folder, it won't start again.

You probably could just kill Dm_k.exe with a process utility , but a soft reset will guarantee everything gets killed.

Steve