View Full Version : Dell pushing back orders.

sswany
04-08-2003, 05:06 PM
I've heard these great stories about Dell sending out orders promptly or earlier than expected. Well I just got an email and they pushed back the shipping date 8 days :(

I can't wait this long for it. I think I might develop some sort of complex.

robert_biggs
04-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Just be glad you didn't order around the beginning of last December. Many people were waitng over a month. My Axim took a little over 3 weeks to arrive.

Don't worry, the wait just makes the reward that much sweeter! 8)

egads
04-08-2003, 08:34 PM
I've heard these great stories about Dell sending out orders promptly or earlier than expected. Well I just got an email and they pushed back the shipping date 8 days :(

I can't wait this long for it. I think I might develop some sort of complex.

Hope your not like me and wait and wait and wait, have it delivered, and some ahole grab's the UPS box off of my door step before I get home :mecry:

Dell came through and got me a new one in a day or two and I was never charged for the first one.

Good luck !!!

Newsboy
04-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Mine only took a week, but I'm sending it back! Bought an HP 1910 as well, and kept the 1910 instead.

PetiteFlower
04-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Almost all orders seem to be going out on time these days, maybe you ordered an accessory that's holding up your order.

Anyway as for UPS leaving the box on someone's door, they are NOT supposed to do that! Dell sends stuff so that a signature is required in person, I had to pick mine up from the UPS office. I'm sure UPS had to pick up the tab for the theft :)

egads
04-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Almost all orders seem to be going out on time these days, maybe you ordered an accessory that's holding up your order.

Anyway as for UPS leaving the box on someone's door, they are NOT supposed to do that! Dell sends stuff so that a signature is required in person, I had to pick mine up from the UPS office. I'm sure UPS had to pick up the tab for the theft :)

Yes, UPS did pick up the tab. It was XMas time and I guess the temp help messed up. Both Dell and UPS were great about the whole thing. I expected the UPS special forces to show up and start blaming me for the screw up and would not cover the theft. They were all very nice. I was working up to be all PO'd and nasty over XMas but my replacement Axim showed up on Dec. 24th and all was right in the world :clap:

ERJRy
04-09-2003, 12:12 AM
I ordered my 400MHZ Axim on Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday. BTW, this was just last week. I'm assuming the 300MHZ may take a little longer, I think they are moving more of these units. As always, Dell was great to work with.