View Full Version : Remover : help needed

torgamm
04-08-2003, 09:32 AM
I have been using the excellent freeware "Remover" for a few weeks and I am very pleased with it (and I guess I am not alone when I read the comments in the thread about ClearTemp ;) )

When you uninstall a program using "Remover", you can see a list of files which will be deleted. This gave me an idea.
I made a suggestion to SK a few days ago : would it be possible for "Remover" to force the DLL files to stay registered when we uninstall a Visual Basic program ? This a very annoying bug in Pocket PC because all the Visual Basic programs stop working and need to be reinstalled.

I sent him a list of files :

pvbform2.dll
vbscript.dll
pvbhost2.dll
pvbload.exe
pvbdecl.dll
MSCEMenuBar.dll
MSCEComDlg.dll
MSCEPicture.dll
MSCEFile.dll

S309PictureBox.ocx

And I have just tried at the moment the new 0.81 version which include this function (you need to check the "Do not use Setup.dll" in the Uninstall tab in Options) : it seems to me that it works !

Could someone try this too ? Uninstalling a VB program and see if others VB programs continue to work witout installing again ?

I have another question too as I am not a developer : what about ado*.dll files ? They are needed by some programs with databases.
adoxce31.dll
adoce31.dll
adoceoledb.dll
adocedb31.dll
Do they need to be included in the list of files too ?