View Full Version : Mild electric shock?

ralliart12
04-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Before I relate the following, let me provide 2 piece of facts:

1. My room is not carpeted.
2. A storm occured during the afternoon till evening(lightning, but little or no thunder).

Now the story:

I sat my iPaq into it's cradle this morning to charge it(battery level around 17% at that time). The USB cabe wasn't plug into my desktop PC, so it's just plain charging & no sync-ing. Then I attended school. Time was around 8am.

When I returned & touched the iPaq, I feel a mild numbness when my finger came into contact with the unit. Only the left hand experienced this, but not the right hand. Then I realised this feeling was similar to the feeling I'd experienced when I realised I got a mild electric shock from an electric pump a long time ago.

Extracted the unit from the cradle, didn't experience the numbness feeling again. Put it back in again, got the feeling again.

So what could have happened? An electric shock? If so, what is it caused by? I'm suspecting the storm'd something to do with all this, but my stereo was using the same main socket as the cradle was plugged into, & it didn't show signs of being hit with a storm surge or anything.

Jacob
04-07-2003, 05:05 PM
That's odd. Maybe your PPC became alive and is trying to communicate with you? :mrgreen:

Does the PPC have a metal casing? Maybe a connection of some sort is loose on the PPC cradle?