View Full Version : Are there two types of Silver Slider?

Martin I Pettinger
04-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Hi

I am considering bidding for a Silver Slider 2 on eBay but the photographs look different from the "real thing" by George Mosquera.

Do PDAMotion do their own Silver Slider product? They seem to offer products with flip covers - which looks neat.

The link to PDAMotion is http://www.pdamotion.com/ - really like the look of the silver cover option.

Martin

dcharles18
04-05-2003, 10:29 PM
There are actually quite a few different types of Silver Sliders out there.

PDA Motion makes a version of the Silver Slider 2, which you can purchase either plain, with a colored flip cover, or with a pierre cardin leather flip cover, both of which have belt clips. I purchased one with a color cover, which I removed after less than a week. It made it very bulky and IMHO did not provide much protection. The SS itself works fine, I haven't had any problems with it, and have used it for both CF Memory and with a Symbol WiFi card. This link (http://www.pdamotion.com/eshop/store-detail.asp?categoryID=200212300954061&subcategoryID=1&subcategory=&txtPicName=product%2Dna%2Egif) will allow the purchase of one with a cover at a substantial discount.

GM's site can be found here (www.silverslider.biz). His SSs are truly works of art. Some models are hand made, some are machined. I encourage you to take a look, he offers several options. Shoot him an email if you have any questions, I found that he is very responsive.

Hope this helped some.

Martin I Pettinger
04-06-2003, 08:04 AM
dcharles18

Thanks for this. One thing that makes me think the Slider on eBay is not a George original is the photo shows a horizontal slot on the back of the unit. I suspect that this is for the flip cover - which the original owner has also removed as it is not part of the sale. Question is: Does your's have this slot now you've removed the cover. Also interested in the quality of the PDA Motion unit compared to Georges.

Martin

dcharles18
04-06-2003, 03:52 PM
No slots are used with the flip covers. They are actually 'U' shaped pieces of leather which are glued up the back of the unit.

The PDA Motion SS works fine. Like I said, I've used it both for memory & IO without any trouble. If you're going to go this route I suggest that you use the link above to purchase a new one, as you'll probably end up paying more for one used on ebay.

As far as quality, PDA Motion's are mass produced, GM's are not. GM offers several options/models, whereas PDA Motion does not