View Full Version : Receiving contacts from a Clie NX70V

stevenf
04-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Hi,

I am trying to beam some contacts from a Clie NX70V to a PocketPC with the trial version of Peacekeeper (on the PocketPC).

I was able to send tasks over without any trouble, but contacts won't transfer for some reason.

It detects the IR connection, appears to transfer some data, the Contacts application (on the PPC) appears to very quickly launch and quit, but nothing is imported when all is said and done.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steven
http://stevenf.com/

spursdude
04-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Honestly, I don't think you even need to use Peacemaker. I sure didn't when beaming contacts from a Palm Vx to my Audiovox Maestro. If your infrared is set to automatically receive incoming connections, then just line up the ports, hit Beam on the Sony, and it should automatically receive the contact.

Steven Cedrone
04-05-2003, 01:15 AM
It all depends on what device/version of Pocket PC he is using. He may need PeaceMaker...

Steve

spursdude
04-05-2003, 01:17 AM
It all depends on what device/version of Pocket PC he is using. He may need PeaceMaker...

Steve
This is true... if he has PPC2002, he shouldn't need it.

stevenf
04-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Well, you're all right, sort of. Here's what I found out.

I can send individual contacts from the Clie to the PocketPC (2002), however:

- I can't seem to send more than one at a time. ie; can't send an entire category at once. If you try, the PPC ends up creating a single contact that's an amalgamation of info from several random contacts.

- I had to turn on and use automatic beam receive. I had it turned off at first, and when I tried to use the manual beam receive app on the PPC, the IR connection failed every time. Re-enabled auto-receive and everything was fine.

So, fortunately I don't have a great many contacts, and I just sent them over one-by-one, no Peacemaker required.

If I was one of those folks with a thousand contacts though, I would have had some serious pain.