View Full Version : Shopping with Matrixes

Flamingyak
04-04-2003, 01:38 PM
What do you guys think about shopping with Matrixes. Has anyone tried it before? From what I understand, you can get items very cheaply, it just takes a long time to get the items. Then again, I don't think I understand how the entire thing works. Can anyone offer me some insight into how these things really work, and whether or not they work well? If they do, then I can get an Ipaq 5455 for $175 or less!

Thanks,
FlamingYak

FredMurphy
04-04-2003, 02:30 PM
Never heard of 'em. Got a link for us?

Don't Panic!
04-04-2003, 02:33 PM
I think it is a variation of the Ponzi Scheme.

DOn't Panic!
Bobby

Janak Parekh
04-04-2003, 03:20 PM
It might work for you, but there are really ethics issues. You're basically passing the buck on to later purchasers. The "lower" you are, as a purchaser on the matrix, the more likely you're going to get screwed, as it'll take longer for the money to come in to buy the device.

For instance, if the site goes bust while you're waiting for the rest of the money to come in, you're screwed. A number of sites have gone belly-up, taking a bunch of people's money with them.

All in all, I wouldn't do it myself.

--janak

hollis_f
04-04-2003, 03:24 PM
If it's the one I think it is (you join a queue - when enough people join you get your goods) then it's a rip-off. Do the sums - only the people in at the start stand any chance of getting anything apart from an emptier wallet.

Steven Cedrone
04-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Never heard of 'em. Got a link for us?

I've never heard of this either. Is this some sort of pyramid scheme???

Steve

Don't Panic!
04-04-2003, 04:34 PM
If it's the one I think it is (you join a queue - when enough people join you get your goods) then it's a rip-off. Do the sums - only the people in at the start stand any chance of getting anything apart from an emptier wallet.And that is exactly what the original Ponzi Scheme (http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/ponzi/) did. It originated in my home town. I'm so proud. :roll:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Janak Parekh
04-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Here's one (http://www.ezexpo.com/). It's basically a twist on pyramid schemes. If you don't believe it's risky, read the FAQ - their weak answer on "advertising" should clue you in. :)

Don't Panic, great reading...

--janak

FredMurphy
04-04-2003, 05:24 PM
I can't believe people still fall for these scams! :roll:

Steven Cedrone
04-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Three sayings come right to mind:

Caveat Emptor...
If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't...
TANSTAAFL...

Steve