View Full Version : Cannot see today themes in today list?

myet01
04-03-2003, 07:34 PM
I have downloaded several themes (they have the .tsk extension) to "My Documents/Personal" folder but when I go to the today screen to select one of them, none of them are there? I know they are there because I can see them with an explorer, any ideas?

Tony

drop
04-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Try putting them in the My Documents directory instead.

TopDog
04-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Try putting them in the My Documents directory instead.
Yes, they need to be right in My Documents, not a subfolder...

Or you can put them on root on your SD/CF-card.

myet01
04-03-2003, 07:58 PM
That fixed it! - Thanks

Tony

smittyofdhs
04-03-2003, 08:20 PM
they can also reside in the \windows directory.

spursdude
04-04-2003, 01:38 AM
they can also reside in the \windows directory.

Yeah, I find that more convenient. Or, in the root folder or your Storage Card.

Kati Compton
04-04-2003, 04:19 AM
I was under the impression that if they were on a storage card, they had to be in a "My Documents" directory, and the ignore_my_docs file, if existent, had to be deleted... I could be wrong.

spursdude
04-04-2003, 04:23 AM
I was under the impression that if they were on a storage card, they had to be in a "My Documents" directory, and the ignore_my_docs file, if existent, had to be deleted... I could be wrong.

Score:
Kati 1, Andrew 0

So it turns out that they do need to be in My Documents. However, I put my theme files on a CF card not normally used with my PPC - thus it had no My Documents folder, and instead had the ignore_my_documents, so it worked in the root folder.

TopDog
04-04-2003, 07:18 AM
So it turns out that they do need to be in My Documents. However, I put my theme files on a CF card not normally used with my PPC - thus it had no My Documents folder, and instead had the ignore_my_documents, so it worked in the root folder.
Nope, on the memory card it DON'T need to be in My Documents, but in root! (I have a ton of themes stored on root, and it works, at least on my Axim, E-200, LOOX and 3850).

Steven Cedrone
04-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Nope, on the memory card it DON'T need to be in My Documents, but in root! (I have a ton of themes stored on root, and it works, at least on my Axim, E-200, LOOX and 3850).

Yes, but if you look in the root of your Storage Card do you have a file called "ignore_my_documents" (it is a hidden file)???

Steve

spursdude
04-05-2003, 01:04 AM

Well, for sure, on my Maestro, it did not work in the root folder, but it did work in the My Documents folder. That's when ignore_my_documents is non-existent.

TopDog
04-05-2003, 09:38 AM

Well, for sure, on my Maestro, it did not work in the root folder, but it did work in the My Documents folder. That's when ignore_my_documents is non-existent.
Strange, maybe it has something to to with the EUU3 update? I've updated all my PPC's...

TopDog
04-05-2003, 09:41 AM

Yes, but if you look in the root of your Storage Card do you have a file called "ignore_my_documents" (it is a hidden file)???

Steve
Yes, or... I have a file called ignore_my_docs

Steven Cedrone
04-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Yes, or... I have a file called ignore_my_docs

:rofl:

O.K., you got me there... :wink:

Steve