View Full Version : Problem with IPAQBackup program icon.

rberry88
04-03-2003, 06:23 PM
I was cleaning up my start menu by removing some shortcuts (.lnk) and I didn't realize I was in the Programs folder. Well, I deleted the shortcut in the Programs folder for the IPAQ Backup program (came installed on the unit) and now I can't put it back. I can explore to the /windows directory and I see the application and the shortcut link (two entries) and I've tried to copy->paste shortcut, copy->paste on the shortcut .lnk but each time it gives me an error message like 'program in ROM, cannot copy or move', even though I'm just trying to copy the shortcut.

I'm using Resco file explorer by the way.

Any ideas?? I can still use the program but it is a pain to have to open Resco file explore and meander down to the /windows folder to select each time.

rberry88 :roll:

Don't Panic!
04-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Have you tried the bundled file explorer? Hold down on the .exe file choose copy, go to the Windows/Start Menu/Programs folder and choose paste shortcut.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

stevemw
04-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Try click and holding the link until a menu appears and click on "Send to -> start menu as a shortcut."

rberry88
04-05-2003, 09:38 AM
I tried the click/tap and hold method and still kept getting the "file in ROM cannot be moved error". After trying the bundled file explorer and Resco file explorer to copy/move/phenagle the shortcut I finally was able to get the job done by using Advanced Explorer (free program I saw in the news section the other day) which has a menu item of "copy to" which worked. I thought the tap N hold method was the answer or even Resco would have been able to do this trick but I guess not. Seemed kind of wierd to me but it's fixed now.

rberry88