View Full Version : Problem viewing internet offline

Rod HK
04-03-2003, 10:30 AM
I have added pages to the "Mobile Favorites" folder and Activesync copies these to the hand held (iPAQ 5450).

I have marked the pages for offline viewing in both IE6 and in the Activesync options. I can view them offline in IE6 "Mobile Favourites" folder.

The problem is that Activesync copies the pages (links) to the handheld, but they are not available for viewing offline. When I point on them, the handheld dials a connection to try to view them.

I have noticed that Activesync copies the pages too quickly, what I mean is it only seems to copy the link and not the offline content - so I think the problem lies there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
04-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Meow, in internet explorer, click tools, synchronize. You have to manually syncronize the offline pages through that menu, and then try syncing in activesync. Luckily, you can schedule automatic page downloads.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if activesync would do the mobile favorites syncing for us... =-_-=

cessquill
04-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I didn't even realise you could do that! Cheers guys. Figured it was just a way of getting some links into your PPC

I've been using Mobile Favourites for keeping a set of favourite links on both my home and work machines. The trouble is that it doesn't seem to like nested folders. Sometimes it syncs them, sometimes it deletes them, sometimes it copies them all into one place.

If only they'd figured that the P in PDA stood for Personal and not Poor, Peripheral or PC. :onfire:

Rod HK
04-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the answers.

The synchronize in Internet Explorer seems to work OK. The problem is that Activesync does not sync the offline pages but only the links.

Please help.