View Full Version : Pocket printing

ch_thom
04-02-2003, 11:28 AM
I've recently installed the free HP printing software onto my Ipaq 3970 and it works fine printing over infrared to my Canon BJC80.

I also have a small network at home, my PC and my wifes, with a printer attached to each PC. My question is can I, while using ActiveSync on my PC, access the printers attached to either mine or my wifes PC.

I've tried for a couple of hours and have had no joy. Do I need to invest in a nework adaptor for my Ipaq to connect direct to the network and access the printers that way.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ch_thom

Sooner Al
04-02-2003, 12:10 PM
...to print to a shared printer without buying additional hardware as long as the printer is on the compatible list and its shared in Windows on the PC. I print to an HP LaserJet 6L that is shared on one of my XP Pro boxes wirelessly from my iPAQ 3835. Make sure your using the correct path to the network shared printer and the correct share name.

ch_thom
04-03-2003, 12:42 AM
...to print to a shared printer without buying additional hardware as long as the printer is on the compatible list and its shared in Windows on the PC. I print to an HP LaserJet 6L that is shared on one of my XP Pro boxes wirelessly from my iPAQ 3835. Make sure your using the correct path to the network shared printer and the correct share name.

But is this through ActiveSync?

My printer is shared but I still cannot print direct to it from my Ipaq when the Ipaq is in the cradle.

Sooner Al
04-03-2003, 01:25 AM

But is this through ActiveSync?

My printer is shared but I still cannot print direct to it from my Ipaq when the Ipaq is in the cradle.

No, this is over a network, bluetooth or infrared only...Sorry...