View Full Version : eBay and Half.com

Shadowcat
04-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Has anyone here bought computers or electronics from eBay and/or Half.com? I'm wondering whether there is a lot of scamming and whether people lie about the conditionn of their products. If you have had any previous experiences please share them!

Thanks in advance

WindWalker
04-01-2003, 03:45 PM
'Cat, I would say that it is always possible to get people who lie about the condition of the things they sell, but at least on eBay, they get themselves weeded out, for the most part. The computer equipment, DVD player, CDs, comic books, and DVDs I have purchased from Half and eBay have all come in perfect condition and functioned as advertised.

JackTheTripper
04-01-2003, 07:55 PM
I just bought a used iBook (No Apple jokes please) from ebay. Seller listed it as a Graphite Special Edition which would have meant it had a DVD-ROM but it was a standard graphite. But I actually knew that from the specs they listed such as processor speed and HD size and memory. But the description was correct as far as condition.

Just make sure you research whatever you're buying. And you can always e-mail them and ask a question.

JackTheTripper
04-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Oh, also check http://auctions.yahoo.com

Less people use it so you might not find what you're looking for but if you so you might find a better deal just because less people use it. I got a 100MB USB Zip drive and 4 blank disks for $60 U.S. about a year ago.

Shadowcat
04-02-2003, 12:06 AM
I suspected that most of the liars have been weeded out but I just wanted some confirmation. Of course there will always be people that lie. I wanted to know if that is commonplace or less common. Well, thanks for the advice guys.