View Full Version : HELP!!! NO SOUND ON MY IPAQ PPC!!!

fc2k
03-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey Guys,
Need some urgent help. The volume on my iPAQ suddenly became very soft. Even at maximum volume it can only be heard when held close to ear like a telephone.

I have checked the settings, nothing wrong. But sometimes the volume will come back intermittently and go off again. However, when I plug in the earphones, it's okay. Have any of you experienced this before?

Do you think that its a hardware or software problem? Please advice...

Pony99CA
03-31-2003, 03:25 PM
The volume on my iPAQ suddenly became very soft. Even at maximum volume it can only be heard when held close to ear like a telephone.

I have checked the settings, nothing wrong. But sometimes the volume will come back intermittently and go off again. However, when I plug in the earphones, it's okay. Have any of you experienced this before?

Do you think that its a hardware or software problem?
If it's intermittent and you're not changing any software settings, I'd guess you have a loose speaker connection.

Steve

Don't Panic!
03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
I have something like that on my 3975 except all sound is gone, External Speaker and Headphones. I'm sending it off to Pocket PC Techs this week so I'll post back with what they say the trouble was. Apparently this total lack of sound is something new to them. I appear to be the first user with that complaint. :?
Personally I think it's a hardware problem as hard and soft resets haven't changed anything.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

bobkatt
03-31-2003, 05:48 PM
How is your volume if you use headphones?

Don't Panic!
03-31-2003, 05:54 PM
None whatsoever in my case.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Steven Cedrone
03-31-2003, 05:55 PM
How is your volume if you use headphones?

Fc2k said this:

However, when I plug in the earphones, it's okay.

And Bobby said this:

I have something like that on my 3975 except all sound is gone, External Speaker and Headphones.

Not sure which one you were asking about...

You're reading too fast... :wink:

Steve

bobkatt
03-31-2003, 06:04 PM
If you plug in your headphones and the volume is ok then its the switch inside your headphone jack that's stuck. You will need to get an authorized service tech to repair or replace the jack for you.

Bob

Steven Cedrone
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey Guys,
Need some urgent help. The volume on my iPAQ suddenly became very soft. Even at maximum volume it can only be heard when held close to ear like a telephone.

Do you think that its a hardware or software problem? Please advice...

Try putting in and taking out your headphones several times to see if the sound comes back...

Shadowcat
03-31-2003, 11:45 PM
I have something like that on my 3975 except all sound is gone, External Speaker and Headphones. I'm sending it off to Pocket PC Techs this week so I'll post back with what they say the trouble was. Apparently this total lack of sound is something new to them. I appear to be the first user with that complaint. :?
Personally I think it's a hardware problem as hard and soft resets haven't changed anything.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

I have the same problem with my H3630, but I dropped mine in the rain (heavy rain too). I'm lucky it still works, ableit without sound and with a bunch of physical dents :roll:.

Don't Panic!
04-02-2003, 11:43 PM

Don't Panic!
Bobby

I have the same problem with my H3630, but I dropped mine in the rain (heavy rain too). I'm lucky it still works, ableit without sound and with a bunch of physical dents :roll:.Well Leonard over at Pocket PCTechs tells me that the entire headphone assembly was detached from the board at all four points where it connects. This happened when a friend of mine Yanked my Sony MDR700DJ's off my head. I'm guessing that I somehow hit the humgeous plug and pried the jack off. I love the sound from those headphones but I think I better start shopping around for some replacements with a smaller plug. :lol:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Shadowcat
04-03-2003, 12:12 AM
That's funny! :lol:

Don't Panic!
04-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Well It's back from Pocket PCTechs and running fine now. The sound has been restored, the memory upgraded and a writeSHIELD installed giving the screen a brand new look and feel. I have to recommend these guys if you're not a do-it-yurselfer and have hardware related sound problems.

Don't Panic!
Bobby