View Full Version : Agenda Fusion Problem

nosmohtac
03-31-2003, 09:08 AM
I have agenda fusion loaded in ROM on my iPAQ 3970. I recently upgraded to v 4.92, and am stilling having the same problem.
Whenever I shut my pocketpc off with AF running, I have to do a soft reset when I turn it back on, because it locke everything up.
I know their instructions say to load the program in main memory for best results, but I'm not willing to give up that much RAM to one program.
I also downloaded the latest version of PI and I loaded it in ROM as well, and I didn't have any problems.
Any Ideas?

baker
03-31-2003, 12:29 PM
I had the same problem. I reinstalled over the existing 4.92 install and things have been fine since. If you have the box in AF checked for close when you tap the X, uncheck it if you have another application that makes the X truly close. I think that causes a little trouble too.

nosmohtac
03-31-2003, 10:44 PM
I think I had that box unchecked before upgrading but I'm not sure. It was still checked when I just looked now, but I had uninstalled and reinstalled. I am running icbar, but I have it set to minimize on a tap and close on a hold.

Mona13
04-01-2003, 02:43 AM
Version 4.93 solved the problems that I was having. I uninstalled and started over though. When I installed on top of 4.92 it didn't fix anything.

baker
04-01-2003, 03:26 AM
nosmohtac,
I just checked and I'm running 4.93 :oops: as well and things are running fine. Go get AF's updater at their site.

nosmohtac
04-01-2003, 05:28 AM
I installed the update to 4.93, and I still have the same problem. I thought that icbar might be causing the problem, but I closed out icbar and it still does it.
Baker, did you have to install the full version of 4.93 too, or did you just install the update?

nosmohtac
04-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Version 4.93 solved the problems that I was having. I uninstalled and started over though. When I installed on top of 4.92 it didn't fix anything.

I haven't had to do anything like that before. How do you do that? When you uninstalled and reinstalled 4.93, did you have to go through developer one to get a full download that worked? I noticed that they don't use a registration code,

nosmohtac
04-01-2003, 10:18 AM
I think I have found the problem.
I have my pocket pc set up to show owner info at power up.
It's kind of pain to tap the screen everytime I power up, just to get past the owner info, but I wanted it there in case I lost my baby.
I put a note there too, granting a reward for safe return.
If I turn off the owner info screen in settings, AF no longer locks up on me when turning power on.
Anybody else having this problem, or is anybody using their owner info screen and not having this problem?

I take that back. Now when I power off with AF running, all I get when I turn it back on is a blank white screen. I didn't notice this at first, because I turned back on immediately and there was no problem, but if I let it sit for a minute before turning it back on....WHAM.... blank white screen.
This is getting very frustrating!

baker
04-01-2003, 12:27 PM
You can go to AF's site and download their updater. It loads on your pc and will go and get you to their most recent update.

Or you can keep your program's .exe install file on your PC. You might have an account if you downloaded from Handango. You can log into your account and download again. And, don't forget to store your activation passwords.

Zanne
04-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Well, I'm evaluating Agenda Fusion right now, and I love it and want to buy it - but I'm having the same problem! If I wake up my PPC with Agenda Fusion already running, it freezes the moment I try to use Agenda Fusion, and I have to soft reset. This is very frustrating and will prevent my purchase unless I can fix it.

Mona13
04-03-2003, 01:57 AM
I had problems until I totally unstalled my older version and reinstalled the new version from scratch. Since then, I haven't noticed any problems.

I tried the updated twice before uninstalling the program and I still had problems. It's supposed to work fine, but it didn't with my 5455.

nosmohtac
04-03-2003, 02:08 AM
I got a reply from agenda fusion and they said that they are coming up with a workaround for this issue. Hopefully in the next version, but when I told them that people here were having that problem up until v4.93, he sent me the whole v4.93 to try. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled 4.93 and still had the same problem. Then I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it to a storage card and that fixed the problem.

I haven't run in to this problem with any other software yet, but apparently there is a difference between a program running out of ipaq file store (ROM) and a storage card. I'll leave that to the programmers and engineers. I'm just happy that it is working fine.

BTW the response time and help from AF support was very quick and friendly.