View Full Version : anyone using spare battery???pls

ozgurgt
03-29-2003, 05:21 PM
one of the biggest complaints about loox is not to good battery life for an xscale processor

so anyone having first or second hand knowledge about loox extra battery??

LooxHere
03-30-2003, 03:50 AM
The spare battery works well. It's expensive, and a bit hard to acquire. I'd guess the battery life is about double (depends on how you are using the Loox).

I don't believe there are any cases for a Loox w/2nd battery, although you might try Piel Frama, as they have a case for the Loox and the GPRS module, which might work.

ozgurgt
03-30-2003, 10:46 AM
the battery costs 77usd here

if it reaaly doubles it might reach something like an axim? :(

are u now using 2nd battery ?how does it charge itself?still on the docking station?

have u made any test with it about the battery duration?

LooxHere
04-01-2003, 05:00 AM
I use the second battery from time to time. It's nice to have on a business trip as insurance. It charges through the docking station, while clipped on to the Loox. I've not conducted any formal tests on the battery life, just informal use, nor have I charged the battery with any other means.

I like having the option, although I wish there were cases to accomodate the battery and Loox.

Looxer
04-14-2003, 07:06 PM
I was very comfortable using Loox with 2nd battery in a FSC combo leather case it can accommodate both and doesn’t add anymore bulk, but less protections unfortunately. The Loox with second battery I noticed it performs better, almost doubles the life, however I feel that the second battery is better than the original one.

While charging, both will charge together. I noticed there is no certain sequence which one should be used up first, they will be drained together, the load will be divided on both of them, but sometimes erratically the original battery ends before and visa versa.

wouterk
04-17-2003, 08:12 AM
:D
I've been using the second battery for 3 weeks now and I must say that I'm very happy with it! Especially when you use Navigation software, the second battery comes in handy. I didn't mesure any times but it seems to keep on going forever.
One downside: My Piel Frama case doesn't fit anymore. There is a case for it but it would cost me another € 60,-. But the original Siemens case does fit and so does the cradle. And Brodit has a superb carmount which suits like a glove!
By the way, I bought my battery at www.fawis.de and it cost only € 82,- so it is not that expensive.
Hope this helps,
Wouter

Looxer
04-17-2003, 08:39 AM
I would like to add, the Loox comes with built in CF slot including second battery is less bulky than the iPAQ with CF expansion sleeve. The battery module design is clipping on the back of the Loox concept which is a great idea, I think we will see the new iPAQ 2200 with the same concept.

ozgurgt
04-17-2003, 02:59 PM
thanx a lot loooxer

your mention of being spare better than built-in one reaaly motivated me to buy one!

when ı am out in the school for a long day ı drain to power to %30

so ı will buy one hopefully

it would be great if u would perform a test:)))it is difficult ı know . but numbers talk best
the time the machine stays on with backlight to minumum brightness(not offf!) would us give some real world experience

Looxer
04-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Actually I don’t have Loox with me anymore I sold it a month ago, I didn’t bother testing the 2nd battery accurately, I should’ve done though. :bangin:

But I’m sure you will be satisfied with the 2nd battery, I would say approximately, if you are using the Loox very frequently with Bluetooth always ON and 75% brightness it should give you approximately 9 hours! I never regretted buying it at all, it is very useful and important for Loox.

ozgurgt
04-17-2003, 10:07 PM
holy s***

if this is not a joke it must be dream for me

beacuse ı get a percentage drop with %10 brightness and ebook reading
200mhz mode--every 2-3 minutes

then 2nd battery is definetely better

9 hours---so ı can read book at least 9 hours thats beatiful

and a last question which battery holds better

ipaq 5450 or loox+2nd battery
thnx for your patience:)

Looxer
04-18-2003, 09:20 AM
9 hours but not continuous!!! I have Bluetooth connected to my T68i for GPRS Internet and I keep them connected all the time, processor settings to 400 MHz, sometimes I use informant during the day, maybe play some games, checking my Code Wallet, my List Pro, I use calculator, converter, etc… Actually depends on your usage, and also depends on the applications you installed, PLUS depends on what type of storage card you connected, I used to have with Loox an MCC storage card, which is less power consumption than an SD and definitely a CF card.

It is not fair to compare iPAQ 5450 with out extra battery with Loox with 2nd battery module. I will compare them both with out extra batteries, and truth to be told I am more satisfied with iPAQ :wink:

Loox has a major problem with its battery life, that’s why I needed to buy the second battery. I used to have the same problem while reading e-books and surfing the net. In my opinion I don’t think it is a good solution for us to by the second battery in order to overcome this deficiency. But at least it is a solution at it own price.

ozgurgt
04-18-2003, 04:51 PM
u are right ı am thinking now...why give app. 90 dollarsa to a 2nd battery

heck ı can buy 300mhz axim a 2nd pda for 200 bucks

guareented to work for many many hours

ı dont know

may be it is better to have 2 pdas

or what:)