View Full Version : iPaq 5455 ActiveSync problems

koozino1
03-29-2003, 05:34 AM
I recently got a new iPaq 5455 and have been having multiple difficulties with it. I would like to ask for your help with them. I'll start with my ActiveSync problems...

I have ActiveSync 3.6 (build 2148) running on my Windows XP Professional desktop. I can successfully synchronize everything with my desktop ONCE. The problem is that I have to soft reset or close ActiveSync on the iPaq via Settings | Memory | Running Progams before I can successfully synchronize again. If I open iTask and try to close ActiveSync, it says it can't be closed (normal?). If I don't close ActiveSync this way, the next time I connect the PPC to the cradle the connection is not recognized by the computer. After a reset or closing AS, I can synchronize again. What's the deal??

I have other problems related to WLAN and WEP keys... but I'll post that issue in the wireless forum

Thanks for your help

Pony99CA
03-29-2003, 09:32 AM
I have ActiveSync 3.6 (build 2148) running on my Windows XP Professional desktop. I can successfully synchronize everything with my desktop ONCE. The problem is that I have to soft reset or close ActiveSync on the iPaq via Settings | Memory | Running Progams before I can successfully synchronize again. If I open iTask and try to close ActiveSync, it says it can't be closed (normal?). If I don't close ActiveSync this way, the next time I connect the PPC to the cradle the connection is not recognized by the computer. After a reset or closing AS, I can synchronize again. What's the deal??
I think iTask not allowing you to close ActiveSync is normal. That's generally not something you want to shut down unless you have to.

As for having to shut it down, I can't help. I don't have a problem on my iPAQ 3870.

Steve

koozino1
03-29-2003, 03:29 PM
that's good to know, thanks

also, I forgot to mention that after the first successful synchronization, ActiveSync cannot be opened from iTask either. It just locks up EVERY time.