View Full Version : cover?

scrapindee
03-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Anyone know where I can find a cover for this V35 similair to those on the Palms???

scrapindee

Mystery905
03-29-2003, 06:01 AM
Anyone know where I can find a cover for this V35 similair to those on the Palms???

scrapindee

www.thepocketsolution.com supposedly has one coming out for the V35 in a couple of weeks....

scrapindee
03-30-2003, 05:48 AM
8O I hope it won't be too long......

paranet
04-16-2003, 11:38 AM
I am new here, got my v35 just a week and a half ago...

the ONLY thing bothering me is - there is no case.

I had a wonderful rhinoskin titanium one for my m515 but i am so scared something will happen to my unprotected device...

any ideas?

scrapindee
04-17-2003, 02:52 AM
The covers are now available. I ordered one yesterday from pocketsolution.com.

pocketdoc
04-17-2003, 06:35 AM
I have been using Krussel's Toshiba E310 case. It has worked very well for me. It is not quite as snug as it was in the beginning, but I like the protection.

The flip front cover made by the company mentioned above looks great and adds very little to the size and weight of the V35, but there is only protection for the front and screen. There is little additional protection if you drop your device.

I am still waitning for other options. This should hopefully improve, especially given the fact that they are coming out with another PDA.

paranet
04-18-2003, 04:46 AM
can you please post the full url for the site, i can't find it and would really like a cover, a flip one for the front would be perfect, to protect the front when the device is in my shirt pocket...

scrapindee
04-20-2003, 07:47 PM
www.pocketsolution.com

Thunderstruck
06-06-2003, 03:33 PM
I got tired of waiting for someone to create a case specifically for the V35, so I started looking at some of the other PPC models which appear to be clones of the V35. I hit the jackpot: I found a case from Covertec designed for the Packard Bell PocketGear 2030 and NEC MobilePro 200E PPCs which are almost exactly identical to the V35. The case came in yesterday and it is sweet! My V35 fits in snugly, and all the cutouts for headphones, sync, power, etc are in the correct places. If you've been looking for a good V35 case...check it out.

http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/covertec/product_images/SX24.jpg

http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/covertec/product.asp?unit=NECMobilePro200E

Agrev
06-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Thunderstruck,

I would like to hear more about this Covertec case. Does it add much bulk to the V35? Is the V35 loose at all in the case? I could not find info on the Packard Bell/NEC to see if the measurement specs were the same as the V35.

Why would they make a case for Packard Bell Pocket PC (which is not a well know Pocket PC) and not make a case for the V35/V37?

I am waiting to see if Innopocket will create a hard case for the V35. If not, this Covertec might be a good case.

The Piel Frama is too expensive, and I do not like the little knob on the back that works with the clip. The coverup looks cool, but I am not sure how well it will protect the V35 while in my front pocket with keys and change.

Thunderstruck
06-13-2003, 08:09 PM
The V35 fits in very snugly, as I think the PC/NEC is a millimeter wider than the V35. It definetely wont be falling out. All the cutouts are in the exact spots thay need to be. I love this case because it DOESN'T add much weight or thickness to the V35. It still fits easily in my shirt pocket. The magnetic closure is nice too.

The only drawback some people may not like is the fact that the sides are about 2/3rds uncovered, so if you are going to subject the unit to a lot of abuse a hard case might be better if you can find one.

disconnected
06-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Thunderstruck,

Thanks for finding this.

I think I read one of your posts about it in another thread, and I ordered it for my husband. It arrived last night and fits his V35 perfectly -- almost difficult to get it into the case, so it seems like it won't accidentally slide out of it. :D

Thunderstruck
06-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Glad your husband is enjoying it. I love my V35, and it drove me crazy that I couldn't find a case for it. Now I can plug in my heaphones and listen to MP3's without having to take the V35 out of the case.

BTW, the case does stretch a bit, so it is a little easier to get the V35 out of it after a week or so. Definitely not enough that I have to worry about it happening accidentally, however. Don't worry! :lol: