View Full Version : Send & Receive in Outlook (iPaq 3970)

Iain
03-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Hello.
I've set both of my email accounts in Pocket Outlook to check for new mail every minute but it only seems to be checking the one account. Should it be doing both together, and if so, is there something I need to set to get it going? The PPC is cradled for most of the day so there's no problem with the connection...

Thanks.

dhettel
03-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Hello.
I've set both of my email accounts in Pocket Outlook to check for new mail every minute but it only seems to be checking the one account. Should it be doing both together, and if so, is there something I need to set to get it going? The PPC is cradled for most of the day so there's no problem with the connection...

Thanks.

Depending on the amount of mail in your accounts, it can take longer than a minute to check your email. The iPAQ checks by downloading all email headers everytime. You might want to try 15 or 20 minutes here.

David

Iain
03-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Yeah I tried a longer time period but it was still only checking the one account. If I go to the Inbox the account that appears first is the one that gets checked, so can you not get them both checking automatically..?

Oh and the accounts are empty apart from the mails I'm throwing around to test it all...

Eitel
03-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Pocket Inbox support only one account at a time. If you want the other account to be checked, you need to manually select it.

@Mail (http://pocketinformant.com/AtMail.php) can check more than one account at the same time, it can also read HTML emails, along with a lot of more functions.

Iain
03-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Aaaaah right well that's poo then. :) Thanks for your help.

Don't Panic!
03-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Eitel-Can @mail also send e-mail over gprs without connecting to Activesync?

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Eitel
03-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Eitel-Can @mail also send e-mail over gprs without connecting to Activesync?

Don't Panic!
Bobby

If you create the account as a POP3 or IMAP service then yes. If you mean sending from your AS synched email profile then no.