View Full Version : GetSystemPowerStatusEx()

joshuajg
03-27-2003, 06:23 PM
If I call GetSystemPowerStatusEx() right when the handheld gets turned on the BatteryFlag shows that it is charging but it is not. If I call it any other time it returns the current state. Any ideas why?

pocketpcdude1024
03-27-2003, 08:54 PM
An idea: (I could be completely wrong)
The system must call the battery to test its status but during this time, the system returns a 'charging' value to it's programs. Once the battery status is tested, the correct value is then returned.

At any rate, it shouldn't matter a great deal. I use Pocket Plus, and when I turn on my Pocket PC, it says "Charging..." on the battery meter. In a couple of seconds, the normal estimated value appears. The end user probably won't care enough about the battery status immediately at the startup. :wink:

joshuajg
03-27-2003, 09:40 PM
An idea: (I could be completely wrong)
The system must call the battery to test its status but during this time, the system returns a 'charging' value to it's programs. Once the battery status is tested, the correct value is then returned.

At any rate, it shouldn't matter a great deal. I use Pocket Plus, and when I turn on my Pocket PC, it says "Charging..." on the battery meter. In a couple of seconds, the normal estimated value appears. The end user probably won't care enough about the battery status immediately at the startup. :wink:

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that Pocket Plus does that too. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.

Take care,
Joshua