View Full Version : Internet HELP!!! IPAQ 1910 + P800 via Infrared and GPRS??

porpackage
03-27-2003, 04:20 AM
Hi, I have a Sony Ericsson P800 with bluetooth and infrared. I also have a GPRS data account for my P800. I also have a HP IPAQ 1910 with infrared only. Is there a way that I can surf the net with Pocket IE on my IPAQ 1910 via infrared with the Sony Ericsson P800 while accessing GPRS data?? If so, how? :?:

I know that you can use P800 and IPAQ via infrared to dial up ISP... but thats not what I am looking for... Thanks!

Patrick L

Janak Parekh
03-27-2003, 06:13 AM
You have to use the special dial code to dial the GPRS profile entry. I don't know what it is on the P800, but on the T68 it's usually something like "*99***1#" (without quotes) if it corresponds to the first profile entry.

--janak

porpackage
03-27-2003, 08:13 AM
I am not sure what you mean.... I need step by step help..... I cant seem to find any websites for this!!!

hollis_f
03-27-2003, 08:42 AM
I am not sure what you mean.... I need step by step help..... I cant seem to find any websites for this!!!Try here http://www.clarinetsys.com/site/products-page/Config-PocketPC/Configuring-PocketPC-Page.htm or do a Google on 'gprs settings connections generic pocketpc'

The phone number you'll need to put in will be something like what Janek said - *99***x# where the x will be a number (probably 1 or 2).

porpackage
03-28-2003, 02:36 AM
Well I did a google search like you said and I found a link for it at At&T:

http://support.attws.com/awswls/support/devices/sonyericsson/t68i/setup_guides/winppc2002_dialup_infrared.jsp

I followed the instructions and I managed to establish a connection between the IPAQ 1910 and P800 phone.... but when I click on MSN messenger it says log on to MSN messenger service failed because service is not responding... and for Pocket IE it says the page you are looking for cannot be found???

It doesnt seem like I can access any internet...?

hollis_f
03-28-2003, 08:36 AM
I followed the instructions and I managed to establish a connection between the IPAQ 1910 and P800 phone.... but when I click on MSN messenger it says log on to MSN messenger service failed because service is not responding... and for Pocket IE it says the page you are looking for cannot be found???

It doesnt seem like I can access any internet...?OK. That sounds like the number for accessing the GPRS isn't right.

I've never seen a P800, but Ericsson may well have kept the same menu structure as they used for the T39/T68. On those one goes through the following menu sequence - Settings | Data Comm. | Data Accounts | - to get a list of the data accounts setup on the phone. Selecting the GPRS account should bring up a list of info - one bit of which is the CID. That's the number you need to put in place of the 'x'.

If that don't work, I'd suggest contacting whoever it is you have a GPRS account with.