View Full Version : GAPI library and pocketgenesis

FieldDoc
03-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Hi,
I have downloaded pocketgenesis but it says I need to download the GAPI library from microsoft, however, every link to it doesn't work. Have microsoft removed it? Do I need it?

Janak Parekh
03-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Pocket PC 2002 has GAPI built-in, so you shouldn't need to download anything extra unless you're using an old unit.

--janak

FieldDoc
03-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Oh, OK. Any ideas why I can't get pocketgenesis to run? It loads OK but when I tap on a ROM to load, the screen just goes blank and I have to soft reset.

Jacob
03-26-2003, 06:09 PM
FieldDoc:

What device do you have?

I have the 1910 and it didn't come with the MS GAPI library on it standard. I think it only comes with the full OS versions.

MS has a few links that claim to point to the download, but they keep going bad for some reason. I had a very similar problem with PocketNester and when I copied the GAPI dlls to my windows directory the problem went away.

I have them here, but apparently can't post them or anything :?

FieldDoc
03-28-2003, 12:05 PM
I have the Dell Axim X5. I can't imagine I have anything other than the full OS version. Would you consider sending them the required files to me and instructions? :D

Jacob
03-28-2003, 05:52 PM
I have the Dell Axim X5. I can't imagine I have anything other than the full OS version. Would you consider sending them the required files to me and instructions? :D

Send me a PM with an email address to send it to. The zip file is only like 20KB so there shouldn't be any bandwidth problems.

Janak Parekh
03-29-2003, 02:58 AM
I have the 1910 and it didn't come with the MS GAPI library on it standard. I think it only comes with the full OS versions.
Actually, I'm pretty sure PPC2002 Professional (the one with the 1910) has the gx.dll in the unit. If it's missing, chances are a program uninstalled it by accident. It should be in the \Windows directory (use a 3rd-party File Manager program to locate it). I didn't have to install it on my upgraded 3650...

You can try Google searches for "GAPI DLL", though, and you might find some links.

--janak

Jacob
03-29-2003, 05:37 AM
I believe you are right. I did have a problem with PocketNester that copying those files solved.

I actually think it might have been the PocketNester uninstall that did it. I like having that DLL lying around just in case though.

orthopt77
06-03-2003, 03:23 AM
I also am getting a black screen when trying to run any rom. I have a ipaq 3955 with the gibi already in the windows directory. Any advice.