View Full Version : Help! Winampaq not working

Crystal Eitle
03-26-2003, 01:54 AM
Winampaq kakked on me today, for no discernible reason. :( (I had been using it for 3-4 weeks with no problems). When I try to open it, the screen flickers once, but the program won't open. I tried opening it from my Launcher shortcut, from the Start menu, and from File Explorer, no go.

It was working fine this morning. I did notice that when I hit "stop" the music just kept playing. So I closed it down.

This afternoon I installed the full version of Theme Master. I can't see why that would interfere with Winampaq, but that's the only unusual thing I've done today.

:confused totally:

All my other programs are working fine (AFAIK).

I've tried a soft reset and reinstalling Winampaq, still no go.

Has this happened to anyone else?

(I have an iPaq 1910. I'm running Winampaq off my 256mb Lexar storage card.)

dh
03-26-2003, 03:05 AM
Hey SW, I know we hate to use our RAM for programs, but maybe WinamPAQ would work better from there.

(I know this doesn't explain why it worked before.... what can I say?)

When I installed PocketMVP to my SD card it was a bit iffy. Changed to RAM, no problem at all.

Janak Parekh
03-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Did you also try uninstalling Theme Master?

If that doesn't work, uninstall winamPAQ, and use a File Manager & Registry Editor to see if there are any leftover winamPAQ files & keys. You want to make sure it's completely uninstalled.

--janak

Crystal Eitle
03-26-2003, 03:18 PM
use a File Manager & Registry Editor to see if there are any leftover winamPAQ files & keys. You want to make sure it's completely uninstalled.

Oh my gosh I wouldn't even know how to begin doing this. I just downloaded Resco File Explorer, which has a registry editor. What do I look for?

Unreal32
03-26-2003, 04:19 PM
You might try the "Remover" program instead... it searches your PPC for old registry entries (in fact all of them) and allows you to delete them right from the Remover screen without futzing with the regedit software. By the way, if you do insist on messing with the registry, PHM Registry Editor (freeware) is the way to go.

mr_yellow
03-26-2003, 09:10 PM
you might want to check if you have the GAPI api installed still. the gx.dll in your /windows directory might have been deleted if you uninstalled another app that uses it recently.

the "won't open, flickers once" thing reminds me of this problem...

however, i'm not sure if winampaq does use gx.dll... can anyone confirm that?

yellow

slothdog
03-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Try deleting the default playlist. Should be called "default.lst" and saved in the same directory as WinamPAQ.

spursdude
03-27-2003, 01:09 AM
For editing the registry, get PHM Registry Editor (http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/). It works very well, and it's free. I think Pocket PC Thoughts had a review on this piece of software...

Even if you don't need it for fixing WinamPAQ, there are a lot of tweaks that can be made to speed up your device or make things more convenient.