View Full Version : BoxWave miniSync Cable - Anyone Tried It?

Video11
03-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the BoxWave miniSync Cable (http://www.minisync.com/products/minisync/index.cfm)?

I've been looking for a resonably priced USB Sync Cable for my Jornada 568 and the price and shipping rate for this item look great, but does it work as advertised? And how are BoxWave to deal with? I've never heard of them.

Cheers.

Eitel
03-26-2003, 01:11 AM
I have one and it's great. As advertised, it syncs and charges at the same time. It also retracts the cable, so it great to use it with a laptop if you travel a lot. Two months with mine and never had a problem with it.

Video11
03-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the input Eitel. I just ordered one. I'll let you know how I like it.

Cheers.

karinatwork
03-27-2003, 06:12 AM
Yes, I got one too. It works fine. So far I had no problems with it. The delivery was speedy also. Plus, they delivery to Canada without much fuss... which is always a bonus! :)

Video11
03-27-2003, 11:46 AM
...Plus, they delivery to Canada without much fuss... which is always a bonus! :)

Yes, the shipping charge to Canada was only $4.00 which seems resonable compared to some on line that want to charge an arm and a leg just to type 'Canada' on the lable. :wink:

(A little sarcasm there, yes I do realize that there is more to shipping across the border than the address lable. :) )

Thanks for the input.

Cheers.

BoxWave
03-30-2003, 03:41 AM
Hey all,

I'm actually on several other major boards - but for some unknown reason... didn't make an account here until recently.

Eitel is right, durability is very high with these products.

Rest assured that we want 100% customer satisfaction, if you try it and it's not what you want - we stand behind our products, we'll have an easy refund set up.

Best wishes all,

Wing Lum
BoxWave

Video11
04-05-2003, 05:36 AM
Rec'd the Boxwave MiniSync for my HP Jornada. It arrived via USPS / Canada Post one week after I ordered it. Works great, syncs and charges right from the USB port and retracts to a small little bundle that fits easily into my laptop bag.

My only complaint is that the unit arrived with a small nick in the insulation of one of the cables, I can see the bare wire inside the cable. :|

shawnc
04-05-2003, 02:17 PM
I just ordered one based on this thread. I ordered a different brand of one of these from another vendor and it was a piece of crap. Hopefully I have better luck with this one. I'll post back in a couple of weeks and let everyone know how it works.

BoxWave
04-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone, I'll try to address the questions/concerns raised.

Video11 - We hand check every unit that leaves our facility (actually, they are checked twice) so this kind of thing is pretty rare, if you want, we can DEFINITELY replace that ASAP. Just shoot us an email at [email protected] and you'll be taken care of.

ShawnC - We've actually ordered several other cables, and have found them all to be of a seriously lesser build... I'm sure you can report your findings. Our miniSync is covered with the same material as IBM Thinkpads and uses high strength cabling/wiring.

Let me know if there's anything else,

Wing Lum
BoxWave