View Full Version : PPC bluetooth keyboard?

GQ19
03-24-2003, 11:01 PM
do they exist? mif not what's the best option for a fold away keyboard for a 5455?

Janak Parekh
03-25-2003, 12:14 AM
I don't think so, yet. You can't use the MS keyboards because they use a weird, unsupported profile (Human Interface Device Profile, perhaps?)

Wouldn't a Stowaway work?

--janak

Vincent M Ferrari
03-25-2003, 12:24 AM

After getting over the initial "wow" factor of a wireless keyboard, what would the point be?

You can't sit too far from the screen, as you won't be able to read it. If you have to stay that close, save the money and get a plain-old hardwired one and use the money you saved for some other neato toy...

Just my opinion... I'm probably wrong :wink:

PetiteFlower
03-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Well, I need a wireless keyboard because the main thing I would want it for is for instant messaging. In order to be online, my PDA has to be plugged into my cell phone which means the serial port is taken and a keyboard that plugged into that port would be useless.

Janak Parekh
03-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Well, I need a wireless keyboard because the main thing I would want it for is for instant messaging.
Ah, that would be true.

How about the PockeTop IR keyboard (http://www.pocketop.net/), then?

--janak

Vincent M Ferrari
03-25-2003, 12:53 AM
Well, I need a wireless keyboard because the main thing I would want it for is for instant messaging. In order to be online, my PDA has to be plugged into my cell phone which means the serial port is taken and a keyboard that plugged into that port would be useless.

I feel like an ass for not thinking about that. I apologize :-)

bdegroodt
03-25-2003, 01:57 AM

After getting over the initial "wow" factor of a wireless keyboard, what would the point be?

You can't sit too far from the screen, as you won't be able to read it. If you have to stay that close, save the money and get a plain-old hardwired one and use the money you saved for some other neato toy...

Just my opinion... I'm probably wrong :wink:

Personally, I'd like one because the weight of the ipaq with a thumboard isn't exactly comfortable to hold and use for any period of time. I'd rather set it down and use a light keyboard. I think a real cool idea would be to allow a user to see on an lcd at the top of the keyboard the text you are typing (Thus allowing you to be a bit further away from the PPC screen.).

PetiteFlower
03-25-2003, 08:01 AM
I'll probably end up with the pockettop but the reviews say that the keys are kinda small and the layout a little awkward....so I might wait for a better IR keyboard to come out.