View Full Version : Streaming MSNBC Video to your pocket pc

that_kid
03-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Ok one of my missions was to be able to stream the video from msnbc to my ipaq. Problem is the MSNBC site doesn't format good on the ppc and when you get to a video link it doesn't work. So I then tried netfront which lets you click on the links but it doesn't have the files to play embedded video :really mad: . So I ran across another thread where someone posted the link to the seattle msnbc site. After some reasearch(ehtereal) I have come up with the following links which You can input right into windows media player on the ppc. I made an asx file of all the locations but pocket windows media player starts to buffer the file then goes to the next station in the playlist. So the option that i've found to work well is to input the url and then save as a web favorite. If you view this post from your ppc then you can just click the link and then save it(less typing for ya :) )
All links ar 30kps so you can view it even over slow connections. Plus Ive noticed that they move thing around a bit so you should have different programs on each link. Some links will give you a TV test pattern until they start the uplink again.
So Here we go

mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc1 MSNBC1
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc2 MSNBC2
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc3 MSNBC3 Live Bagdad
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc4 MSNBC4
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc5 MSNBC5
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc6 MSNBC6 Breaking news
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc7 MSNBC7
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc8 MSNBC8
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc9 MSNBC9 Breaking news
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc10 MSNBC10
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc11 MSNBC11

and there you have it. Happy Streaming

Sooner Al
03-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks...

GSibble
03-25-2003, 01:04 AM
Ya, thanks for copying my post :) I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I have in the past days!

-George

that_kid
03-25-2003, 01:47 AM
I wasn't trying to steal your thunder or anything :oops: but the extremely long link you posted was only to one site whereas I have posted the links to all the msnbc sites. Anyhow enjoy, it's all about streaming to the pocketpc :D

yunez
03-25-2003, 03:25 AM
thanks a lot! This is very neat

incidentally, is there a dedicated news stream that is meant for what we want, instead of having to resort to a workaround?

that_kid
03-25-2003, 05:13 AM
Not that I know of but then again the web is a big place :wink:. At one point I was providing my own streaming content which I still do, but I wanted something that was hosted by news themselves because bandwidth is precious and T1's are expensive. Plus the fact that I would be the only one to watch my own stream unless I wanted to pay millions of dollars to the networks for copyright infringment :mecry:

yunez
03-29-2003, 04:41 AM
well looky here..

www.ppcvidz.com

:multi: :multi: :multi: