View Full Version : How many carepaq exchanges before I give up?

numb
03-24-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm now waiting for my 5th 3870 in 14 months, all done on my Carepaq (glad I bought that).
Reasons as follows:
1. The backlight problem
2. Bluetooth didn't work
3. SD slot stopped working
4. The backlight problem
5. watch this space!

Is this typical? Any think I should start arguing with HP/Compaq for an upgrade? (I'd be willing to pay the difference to get a 3970). Any one had any success?

Janak Parekh
03-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Yes, I think you should ask HP/Compaq for a different recourse if your 5th unit fails. I had to send my 3870 in three times in a row without a Carepaq, and on the third I asked, politly but point-blank, what kind of recourse I had if they didn't fix it that 3rd time. The support guy said that I could then speak to the customer loyalty (or some such, can't remember the exact name) department and they would come up with a solution. I have heard of people getting new units in those cases. Of course, at that point my 3870 came back perfectly. :)

--janak

hollis_f
03-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm now waiting for my 5th 3870 in 14 months, all done on my Carepaq (glad I bought that).
Is this typical? Any think I should start arguing with HP/Compaq for an upgrade? (I'd be willing to pay the difference to get a 3970). Any one had any success?Yup, tell them that you're fed up with the 38xx and that you want a 39xx as a replacement. Don't mention about paying the diference - a straight swap sounds like the thing you deserve.