View Full Version : Question about the magnetic Vaja case.

jd4science
03-24-2003, 12:05 AM
1. How powerful are the magnets? I don't want to flip the case over, shake it a bit, and have the case cover open up.

2. Can the magnets damage any thing??? I don't think they can, but my dad( I'm only 14 and my dad doesn't want me to buy something that would ruin my axim) is worried about them. I try to tell him that they won't hurt it, but he still isn't quite sure. I think magnets can only damage the hard drive, and ppc's don't have one... Either way, thanks,

-Justin

Janak Parekh
03-24-2003, 12:13 AM
1. How powerful are the magnets? I don't want to flip the case over, shake it a bit, and have the case cover open up.
It should be fine, unless you shake really hard.

2. Can the magnets damage any thing???
Not really, except credit cards, and only then if they're right near the magnets.

--janak

Bearjaw
03-24-2003, 02:25 AM
I just bought The case for my Axim and I love it. The magnets are strong enough that even vigorous shaking wont open the case. You have to deliberatly open the case to get the magnets to unhook. And as far as the magnets hurting anything Janak is right..unless your using credits cards then you have nothing to worry about. I love the case and if you can swing the price I would take this case over any other case around. Theres just something about technology wrapped in animal skin that speaks to me in ways I cannot comprehend...but I digress...Go for it you'll love the case.

spursdude
03-24-2003, 02:42 AM
Keep the magnet away from CRT monitors...

Janak Parekh
03-24-2003, 06:03 AM
Keep the magnet away from CRT monitors...
True, but if you accidentally get it near, most modern monitors have a "degauss" function. And you'd have to get it really near. :)

--janak