View Full Version : Avantgo error

robclif4d
03-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Has anybody been getting the "Device components missing or are out of date" error when trying to sync with Avantgo? I thought it was 3rd party app causing the error. I did a hard reset, installed Avantgo, and a few syncs later, error shows up. I even downloaded the software again with no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Rob

Pony99CA
03-24-2003, 01:15 AM
Has anybody been getting the "Device components missing or are out of date" error when trying to sync with Avantgo? I thought it was 3rd party app causing the error. I did a hard reset, installed Avantgo, and a few syncs later, error shows up. I even downloaded the software again with no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Yes, I get that error regularly. Usually a reboot of my computer or a soft reset of my iPAQ fixes the problem for a while.

I haven't been able to diagnose the problem, but it only seems to happen the second time I cradle my iPAQ after having it work. In other words, it will work, I'll uncradle my iPAQ, put it back in the cradle some time later and it won't work. Your mileage may vary.

Steve

robclif4d
03-24-2003, 02:43 AM
This problem didn't exist until about a month ago. Before that, any time I put it in the cradle, it sync'd with no problems. Got me.

Peter Traugot
04-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Interestingly, I just started getting the error this morning. I thried removing all indications of Avantgo from my e550g and then rebooted. It didn't help. Installed the software from Avantgo (even though it's built into my ppc.) no change. I'm ripping my hair out!!!

If I do the update FROM the PPC, it works fine, just not from ActiveSTINK! I'm banging my head!! :huh: