View Full Version : cant get wireless internet

Nerve
03-23-2003, 12:50 AM
hey guys! im a pocketpc newbie here, and i was wondering if i could get some help from u techno pocketpc gurus! i have a wireless 802.11b linksys network that connects to the net via dsl. i just bought a compact flash wireless 802.11b card for my audiovox. anyways... i tried to configure my pocketpc - (in the connecitons manager) to be internet, internet, internet----but whatever i do i always get internet, internet, work. and i still cant access the internet at all. can u help me guys?

Sooner Al
03-23-2003, 03:05 AM
...Work, Work and Work as recommended in Chris De Herrera's Connection Manager FAQ...

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm

Sven Johannsen
03-23-2003, 05:18 PM
And under the top one that says Work Settings, click Modify, go to the Proxy Settings tab and check "This network connects to the internet". Don't check the proxy server one though, unless you have one of course.

It may seem odd to most folks to have to do this, but it seems that as soon as you put the PPC into a network environment, it seems to act better if it thinks it is at work. Once at work though, you need to let it know there is an internet connection available.