View Full Version : Problem after installing JournalBar

dh
03-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Just ran into my first problem with my new Axim. I was happily accessing the Internet via my LinkSys card but I then installed the trial version of JournalBar.

I thought this was a really clever application and it obviously updated it's info by connecting to the internet via ActiveSync and my desktop.

The Internet connection through the sync cabel worked fine.

The problem is that when I take the Axim out of the cradle, I always get "page not found" when using IE. (Other than the pages that are cached by JournalBar). It seems that ActiveSync has hijacked my IE connection and won't give it back.

I've not had any luck adjusting the settings in connections.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!!

cheryl
04-17-2003, 01:20 AM
I just got Journal Bar myself, so I am afraid I can't help you. Have you tried emailing OmegaOne? They might have some ideas for you.

dh
04-18-2003, 01:12 AM
I just got Journal Bar myself, so I am afraid I can't help you. Have you tried emailing OmegaOne? They might have some ideas for you.

I did email Omega One. Their response was that they had never seen this problem before and I could have my money back. (There is another post in the forums today with the same problem so I wasn't alone).

Anyway, what I have discovered (as did the person in the other forum) is that a soft reset is needed when going from a wireless connection to a cradle connection.

I don't think this is a Journal Bar issue because I have to do the same thing with Internet Explorer.

By the way, my Axim setup is just like yours with the 256 SD card, 1 GB CF and wireless card, it makes for a super system.

jerryd
04-19-2003, 01:03 AM
I've been using Journal Bar for about 4-6 weeks now, and am quite glad I bought it. Other than the fact that I cannot set a minimum period for a new update (so it wants to update almost every time I dock the Axim) I love the features and the amount of useful data I can download twice a day. I don't have the luxury of a connection during the day, so I update at 7:30Am and 7PM.