View Full Version : mobile favorites question

rundcm
03-20-2003, 09:35 PM
When my device syncs with "mobile" favorites I get a messege when starts out it says "0 of 5182 items resolved"

Then it proceeds to partially sync...
I am using a e740 with factory memory (no card)

My question is how much data is this?

Would this be the equivalent of say, this web page?

Thanks in advance

that_kid
03-20-2003, 09:46 PM
:soapbox: i've been fighting the mobile favorites battle for over a year now and i've come to the conclusion that Activestink SUXS. The pocketpc uses a smaller cluster size than a regular computer harddrive so the size should be small. My mobile favorites folder size is actuall 47.1KB and has 439 files in it, but on the hard drive the size is 1.71 MB. The number that activestink is giving you for mobile favorites resolution is double what you have. I know when I TRY to sync my mobile favorites I sometimes get the error that items need to be resolved and it's always double the amount of the items that's actually there. Anyhow the problem is in activestink and the only temporary solution I have for you is to manually copy your mobile favorites over to you pocketpc. The ombile favorites are stored in the windows directory under favorites.

Kati Compton
03-20-2003, 11:24 PM
I'd check your link depth on the mobile favorite - that seems like an awful lot of pages.

rundcm
03-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Thanks!! at least I know now it is something I havent done. My links were set to 1 deep so I dont think that is the culprit. Im going to delete all my mobile favorites & uninstall everything , stop the viurus protection & follw some instructions given here www.cewindows.net/applications/resync.htm

This website is great but it can be a challange to find answers.
I credit this site much, for i would not had found link above...

Anyway I'll keep you posted. I do suspect that my device IS trying to synch way more data than my settings indicate, It was interesting, when I deleted my mobile favorites it took an unusually long time like ALOT of data was going away so we'll see....